7 November 2013

Guest Interview - Maurice Tudor from BOOKSHELF


This week I am proud to welcome Maurice Tudor from BOOKSHELF. Today he talks about his site, and forum and how he helps to promote other authors and their books! If you like the sound of BOOKSHELF, there are some links at the bottom of the interview, I recommend checking it out.

Tell us a little about your company/site.
Bookshelf is not only a Blog, but a forum as well, with quite a good following in such a short time.


What gave you the idea to start something like this?
I saw a need that Writers and the industry as a whole, lacked adequate promotion. Perhaps it was a question of  finance, so I decided to do something about it. And started the Forum as a follow up to the blog.


Is this a solo venture or do you have a team working behind the scenes?
Yes, only me I am afraid and I do work long hours to keep abreast of things!

Do you do anything special to attract followers?
I advertise by invitations to LI writers, plus many of my followers tweet and FB me so everything helps!

Where are the majority of your followers from? Are you global or is your audience closer to home for you?
Global, which is nice. I have a translator software on all my sites and it comes in handy when any of my members can't speak English. I converse briefly in their language.

What is your favorite thing about what you do? What is your favorite part of the job?
Everything about what I do is therapeutic for me as I have a terminal illness and my PC is my lifeline to others. Probably if I had to choose a favorite part of my job, would be the pleasure I get, knowing I have helped someone in our industry.

Have there been any unexpected challenges?
Yes but I won't go into them here!


What are your future goals for the site?
Just to carry on as now, but with a bigger membership.


Tell us a random fact about your site that readers might find interesting.
Free promotions for their book, or services. I would find that very interesting if I was on the outside looking in. No other writer's forum does what I am doing, so yes it must be an interesting fact to your readers.


What's your favorite book genre?
Fiction.


Do you have any favorite authors?
Too many to list here, but Stephen King is one!


BOOKSHELF BLOG

BOOKSHELF FORUM
   

No comments:

Post a Comment