18 December 2013

Author Interview - Okwor Onyeka


Please welcome Author Okwor Onyeka to the blog this week!

Have you always had a passion for writing? -
Yes, a deep passion

Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books? - What I read influences what I write at times. My favourite authors and books include Purple hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie, Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe, Brother Jero’s play Wole Soyinka, etc.

What are your biggest inspirations? – Things happening me inspire me a lot.

Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? - No.

Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? – Some times. It’s a great inspiration for me.

What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? – reading a lot.

How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?) Being a published author has opened my eyes to the reality of the industry, now I can find my way in the industry so long as I have the necessary resources like money. But I had thought that I would become rich immediately I become a published author, but it’s not that automatic, it’s a building process. But at least, I have gained huge experiences about the industry.

What are your biggest challenges as an author? Getting published, giving out your best in writing to satisfy the audience and getting your book(s) out there to a wider audience.

Do you have any pets? No.

What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? Playing and watching football.

Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? Enugu, Nigeria.
Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work… most of my new works are in the writing and publishing process. Here is the link to one of the published book, a collection of love poems and stories- http://www.amazon.com/A-Heart-Broken-Okwor-Onyeka-ebook/dp/B009QP6L3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386152294&sr=8-1&keywords=okwor+onyeka

Here are the links to my social pages- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amazon-Great-Books/446423635436799,

https://twitter.com/OnyekaOnDeck.


No comments:

Post a Comment