8 January 2014

Author Interview - Krista Kelley


Please welcome Author Krista Kelley to the interview seat today!

Have you always had a passion for writing?

I have loved writing since I can remember. I think it came from my love of reading. My grandmother has tons of old notebooks from when I was a kid filled with stories I've written.

Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books?

I believe it does. I read mainly paranormal romance books, so that's what I am more comfortable writing. Some of my favorite authors are Sherrilyn Kenyon, Torie N. James, Nora Roberts, and L.J Smith.

What are your biggest inspirations?

My biggest inspiration is a dear friend of mine, Teri. Through her own writing journey and much encouragement, she's shown and taught me that I can follow my dreams and I can touch the stars.

Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings?
Not really. They usually just come to me. Like strangers passing through who have decided to stay a while in my head. Some stay for quite a while, while others move on, looking for the right person to write their story.

Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces?

Most of the time. I choose my music based on the story I'm writing.
What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block?

I -try- to set aside a certain amount of time a day/week to write. And to stop at a moment that will make me want to come back and write. Like a cliffhanger. If I get writer's block, I try to set that story aside and work on something else. Usually, an idea will come to me for the first story and I'll be right back at it.

How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?)

I hope that not much changes. Other than my confidence in my writing.


What are your biggest challenges as an author?

Myself. Like most authors, I have those inner critics that beat me low sometimes. The ones that tell me that I can't do it and that I'll never be good enough. Some days, they win.

Do you have any pets?

I have two cats (Thor and Styxx)

What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing?

I enjoy watching movies with my family, playing with my daughter and the occasional video game.

Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world?

I haven't been to many places in the world. Yet. But my favorite is Okaloosa Island, Florida. The white sandy beaches and crystal blue waters are just beautiful.
Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work…

My latest work in progress is about a witch whose family is cursed and a vampire who must save her from said curse. 


You can find Krista Kelley on Facebook and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment