Strange Pet Peeves of a Deranged Writer
1. Open drawers. Guaranteed to drive me from normal to insane in less than two seconds.
2. The “Sweet and Low” sugar packet holder thingy in our kitchen must always be kept full. No joke. I fill it myself every night and again in the morning if only one packet is taken.
3. Have to have a bedroom window open at all times. It doesn’t matter if it’s twenty below outside (never is, I live in SoCal but I can dream!), I need fresh air coming in or things get messy.
4. People who constantly push the “walk” button at a stoplight. Only need to poke it once, your mad abuse by constant pounding of the thing doesn’t mean the light is going to change any sooner. Chillax.
5. The use of redundant statements like ATM Machine or PIN Number.
6. People digging for nose gold out in public. We all do it, no shame. But for the love of boogies everywhere, can ya please keep it private?
7. People who think the new Doctor Who is too “old”. One, he’s a TimeLord…define old? And two, the first Doctor was no spring chicken.
8. People who enter through the “Exit” Doors and exit through the “Entrance”.
9. The “pull to open” tab. It’s NEVER that simple.
10. People who get into the fast lane and then proceed to take it down to 35 mph.
Excerpt from Timeless Desire, Book 2 of New Camelot:
"Mind if I join you?" He leaned against the doorframe, watching her pummel the padded dummy with sharp jabs.
"It's your funeral." She shot back, not making eye contact, her body language stiff and hostile. "Least I can hope, at any rate."
"Sil, play Metallica." She ignored him.
"Yes, Miss Nim."
Master of Puppets began blasting through the room as she gave him a droll look and tossed a roundhouse kick on the dummy's "knee" and another kick to its groin. She knew perfectly well no matter what she said he wasn't going to leave so he shrugged and took off his shirt, tossing it aside and reached for the tape on the neatly organized shelf of supplies. Sitting on the weight bench, he taped his hands up and rose, grabbing a staff off the wall mount and throwing it at her unexpectedly.
Catching it with lightning fast reflexes, she arched a brow his way.
He grabbed another one and approached her slowly.
"What do you think you're doing?" she shouted over the music.
"I'm giving you what you want, Nimue. You want a piece? Come get some, tsylni. Fair fight, first one pinned down wins."
He didn't miss the evil glint of pleasure in her eyes. "If I win, what do I get?"
"That old thing? Keep it." She paused. "If I win, we break our blood link."
"The only way to do that is if one of us dies."
She flashed a fanged grin. "The problem?
Welcome to New Camelot...not everything remains myth.
Thank you so much Lady Jo for having me on your blog today! You rock!
Want to follow along on my shenanigans? Find me at:
Blog and Website: http://torienjames.blogspot.com/
Amazon Author: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00CTBYH0M
Breathless Press Website: http://www.breathlesspress.com/
THE RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. Joey Ross is the winner of an ebook copy of Timeless Desire. Congratulations Joey! Thanks to all who took the time to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway