This week, please join me in welcoming Piper Kay to the blog!
1. Have you always had a passion for writing? No. Probably not the correct response, but it’s true. If letter writing counts, then yes since about nineteen yrs. old. Ha.
2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books? OMG, yes it does, and it is the reason I cannot read while writing. I will shift and take on someone’s voice and lose mine. I had to start an almost complete story behind that. It’s not intentional, and not every time, but if it’s an author I love, before I know it I’m using phrases or words they did without even realizing it. My favourite authors: Well, Poppet is one, the woman has no clue how to write a bad story. She’s awesome, her whole entire Pravus Series and Gods and Thurs series rock. Kindle Alexander is another. She writes scenes that wrap around you and pull you into the characters. You are feeling those emotions and seeing everything they do, as they experience it. I’m dying to read her latest, Full Disclosure, but I just can’t go there-lol
3. What are your biggest inspirations? Music is the top on my list, it’s something I have always felt this way about. It doesn’t matter if it has words or doesn’t, it’s the beat behind it all, the instruments. Surprisingly, I don’t like classical or country. I like screeching guitars and bass beats, anything with drums really. Between the two, I usually end up in heavy metal/ rock genre or hip-hop/rap/pop style.
4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? No, not anything specific. Most of my characters end up in the same place as me, Spring, which is just outside of Houston., Texas. Somewhere close by at least. I have absolutely no technique to choosing characters. I will usually pick one that is an underdog in some way, so I can help them find happiness, give them a chance at love and peace.
5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? Oops, sort of answered it already. Absolutely, it is a must. Without it, I stare at a blank screen, dumbfounded.
6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? I keep typing. Doesn’t matter if it makes sense or not, I keep pushing it. Whether it be on social media typing a message or update, I keep my music on and my fingers clicking on keys.
7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?) That’s kind of a loaded question. Becoming a published author exposed me to so many types of people, from all over the world that I wouldn’t have met and are now close friends. For a very long time, I was a hermit. I dropped off the face of the planet. I stayed at home and didn’t go out, didn’t have anyone to talk with except my kids. I died basically. Forgot how to laugh and smile, literally. Without that, you’re nothing. Becoming an author gave me that back, I will never forget when I found friends from high school. I was a nervous wreck, worried what everyone would think, and went through a list of self-doubts a mile long. They wouldn’t give up on me though. One of them actually pointed out when I got my laugh back, isn’t that weird. He was so excited about it, all he could get out was “Welcome back.” Well anyone that knows me now gets that I hold onto a lot of that shyness, and I’m pretty meek and mild. Okay, I can’t even keep going with that line, tears of laughter making it blurry. Lol. I’m really not shy at all via internet, but in person is a different story, and even then I’m fairly blunt. And say what is on my mind. Oh, and I have a potty mouth on occasions.
8. What are your biggest challenges as an author? Time, just never is enough of it in a day. Who knew you could change one sentence about ten billion ways, taking hours of your time. I didn’t. This is not easy at all, so whoever said that was so wrong. Lol
9. Do you have any pets? A dog.
10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? Don’t have time for hobbies. LOL. No, I do little arts and crafts type things.
11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? When I lived in Hawaii, I loved it there. Of course it’s pretty much the only other place besides Spring that I have been. Sad huh? One day though.
12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work…That would be my Invicta Series. Book 2 releasing the 14th, titled Invicta: Sanctuary. This is my M/M erotic romance series that centers around a gay go-go dance club named Invicta. Invicta is the title of it and everything they have together and help others to find as well. Book One, Invicta Salvation focuses on the owners Kade and Holt who had a rough go of it. They look back over their lives together and the things they went through growing up. It’s their story, and comes to the current time when they celebrate their anniversary, and opening day. Book Two Invicta Sanctuary, also includes Kade and Holt, but now the dancers are included and one other that just need a sanctuary, some place safe. His name is Mickey, and he’s in a fix. This is his story, journeying to Invicta and finding love. That love comes from one of the pole dancers named Toryn and begins and journeys into Book Three as well. Most of the characters move into each book of the series. It’s a very sexy story, but it also shows some attitudes and misconceptions of what it’s like to be a gay man. It’s watching these characters learn lessons the normal way, and some of them the bad. It’s a journey of growth and acceptance, love and family.
Piper Kay is a homegrown country girl straight from the outskirts of Houston, Texas, USA. She is a #1 International Best Selling author of LGBT Erotica, and an International Bestselling author of LGBT Erotica romance, gay romance, specifically in the male/male (m/m) erotica genre, and LGBT drama. Piper is bringing her passion of storytelling straight to the pages, most times served with a super-sized sprinkle of sexy, a slice of sarcasm and a carafe of crazy.
Amazon author page: http://smarturl.it/PiperKayOnAmazon
About me: http://about.me/piper.kay
Hot Ink Press:
What is your sanctuary? For Mickey, he never needed one, he was his own. Until now. In a situation spinning out of control, Mickey is forced to make a move and he's not sure how to handle it. He's an intelligent, self-reliant man who never depended on anyone for anything, but now he is alone for the first time in his life, scared. By accident, he ends up at Invicta, the hottest new male go-go dance club in town. Owners, Kade and Holt, know the behavior all too well, but Mickey's trust factor is leveling out on zero, until he spots Toryn. Sometimes sanctuary can be found in the strangest of places.
1. That young, dark haired, and tatted up hottie grabs me right off the bat. He can’t be more than twenty-four tops. Just right. He’s been poured into those leathers, his ass packed in nice and tight. Firm. They might as well have wrapped the man in saran wrap, not that I’d complain either way. He’s finally announced, but it’s probably a stage name he uses. Who even cares? As long as he keeps shaking himself around, I’m all good. The man rocks to the beat of the music. He pops that majestic ass in perfect tune with the thumps blasting from the speakers. Done like a true power bottom and personally, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. His hips begin to roll in a perfect circle, as he pivots on one foot to his side. He coils himself all the way around twice before facing the front. I’m loving his body movements. Someone stick a fork in me, because I’m sizzling… I think I may have just fallen in love with the man on the stage and those ‘fuck me hard’ hip moves.
2. Somehow, with just one kiss, he plowed right through the thoughts that had me worried sick all evening, and redirected them to one focal point. Him! Slowly, I reach for Toryn's waist with one hand to see if he'll let me closer or slap me down. God, I feel like I'm in high school on my first damn date again-CHILL Mickey, just calm down. He looks down at my hand, then back to me. Without breaking our eye contact, I feel his hand wrap around mine and tighten. Oh thank fuck! I yank him into me, lowering my head so our mouths meet. Our kisses, so sloppy, and hungry for each other. I press against him, unable to get enough. Running my hand along his waist to his back, I tightening my grip, and spin him around, slamming him against the wall. He lets out a moan. Before I can stop myself, I bury myself inside his mouth, swallowing every bit of that delicious moan. Fuckenhell.
3. I yank him into me, lowering my head so our mouths meet. Our tongues are so much more aggressive, now that all the unspoken terms and agreements have been cleared. Well, at least they have on my behalf. We dart and chase around each other, so sloppy and hungry for each other. No matter how hard I press against him, I can't get enough of him or fast enough for that matter. Oh my God, the man's mouth feels incredible.
Book Two: Sanctuary (new release) will send live Amazon link
Release Party on 14th: https://www.facebook.com/events/305303122969638/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22466840-invicta
Book One: Salvation http://smarturl.it/InvictaSalvations