10 July 2013

Author Interview - Stacy Moran!


Please welcome Author Stacy Moran to my blog today!



1. Have you always had a passion for writing? 

Yes, in the first grade I wrote The Land Without Rules. Since then I have always loved creating new worlds and telling stories.
2. Does what you read influence what you write and what are some of your favourite authors/books? 

I write the stories I want to read. My favorite authors, hmm so many but Anne Rice is my inspiration. Her style is so different than anyone else’s and the detail flows like poetry.

3. What are your biggest inspirations? 

Music, poetry, and people around me influence my stories. Not saying I have demons as friends but most of my characters have traits of people I either love or hate.

4. Do you have a technique in how you choose characters and/or locational settings? 

Characters, there is no certain technique but once the idea of the story starts forming then the characters begin to form. Places, I chose either places I know about from living or visiting or places that intrigue me or I want to visit.

5. Do you listen to music while you are creating your masterpieces? 

Yes most of the time Norah Jones or the Grateful Dead (hippy at heart). It’s funny my characters would never listen to my music, they are more into Godsmack, Hinder, Bullet for my Valentine.

6. What do you do to stay motivated and avoid writer’s block? 

Keep writing, no matter what… Writer’s Block is an excuse to avoid the task ahead, keep your hands on the keys and push through.

7. How has becoming a published author (independent or traditional) changed your perspective on life and is it everything you expected it to be? (If you are not published yet – what changes do you foresee?) 

Being published has given me a sense of accomplishment. Writing has always been something I said I wanted to do but was too afraid to share my work. Finally sharing it is a huge accomplishment for me.

8. What are your biggest challenges as an author? 

Finding enough time in the day, to write. I am just starting out so I still have a “day job” and finding time between my job and writing is a challenge.

9. Do you have any pets? 

I have five inherited pets. Three dogs (all too small but with LARGE attitudes) two cats, one loveable the other is my cat. Gods did I just claim her? Athena is the house’s evil cat and hates everyone but has claimed me as hers. It is a love hate relationship…
10. What hobbies do you have outside of reading and writing? 

Lately none, but I love music, I used to like to paint, and I do like cooking.

11. Where is the most exciting/memorable place you have been in the world? 

Memorable, would be Colorado. I know it does not sound exciting but the time of life when I moved across the country right out of two high school with two of my childhood friends was exciting, scary, and totally memorable.

12. Tell us about your latest work in progress or most recent published work… 


Currently, I have a few projects going with myself and other authors. They range from poetry to a new twist on a life changing love story, The Lotus. Then of course my baby, Blood Myth book one of The Myth Series. Betrayed by the Myth is due out in late fall. The Series is a world full of demons, witches, powers, gods, mythology, good, evil, sexy men and women. It is based in Romania but the history of the characters date back to ancient Egypt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment